Monday 18 May 2015

Follow You Home - Mark Edwards


"It was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime, a final adventure before settling down.
After a perfect start, Daniel and Laura’s travels end abruptly when they are thrown off a night train in the middle of nowhere. To find their way back to civilisation, they must hike along the tracks through a forest…a haunting journey that ends in unimaginable terror. 
Back in London, Daniel and Laura vow never to talk about what they saw that night. But as they try to fit back into their old lives, it becomes clear that their nightmare is just beginning…
Follow You Home is a chilling tale of secrets, lies and deadly consequences from the author of #1 bestsellers The Magpies and Because She Loves Me."

I'm a big Mark Edwards fan, so I was excited to be given the opportunity to read an early copy of Follow You Home. I swear, I do not know how Mark does it - this is another brilliant read, once again completely different from all his other books. Strong characters, excellent plot, and a completely unexpected twist at the end, meant that I neglected everything until I had finished reading. 

The main body of the story revolves around events that occurred to Daniel and Laura in Romania, and it takes a long time through the novel for exact details to be released - I really enjoyed the whole "secret" plot, I had to keep on reading, unable to put it down until I knew what really had happened in Romania. The villains are deliciously evil, and although I wasn't keen on Daniel at first (he seems like a bit of a wuss), I did really warm to him in the end. The thing that makes the book a  5 star read for me though, is the final twist. I never even saw it coming, never even dreamed there WAS another twist - and it's a good one. 

Follow You Home is out on 30th June and you can get it here:


**MY thanks to Thomas and Mercer for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment