Thursday 4 June 2015

The Spider in the Corner of the Room - Nikki Owen

‘My name is Dr Maria Martinez and I am – was – a Consultant Plastic Surgeon. I am 33 years old. Place of birth: Salamanca, Spain…
And I was convicted of the murder of a Catholic priest.’
Maria is in prison.
She says she’s innocent and is fighting to clear her name. 
Because deep down she knows the truth better than anyone.
Doesn’t she?






This novel hooked me from the first page - a brilliant novel of intrigue and deceit, I (along with the main character) didn't know who was to be trusted and who was the enemy. I found the timeline a little confusing at first, but as the story unfolds everything became quite clear. With a twisty-turny plot and deceit round every corner, Nikki Owen has created a great story line, with excellent strong characters - she captures the Aspergers side of Maria's character perfectly and although at times Maria did make me laugh with her literal responses, I felt so emotionally attached to her that I couldn't help but feel for her and her situation. The Spider in the Corner of the Room would make a fantastic movie, and I can't wait for the next in the trilogy.

The Spider in the Corner of the Room is out on 4th June and you can get it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spider-Corner-Room-Project-Trilogy

**Thanks to the publisher and the guys at LoveReading.co.uk for my ARC**

1 comment: