Monday 15 June 2015

One Small Act of Kindness - Lucy Dillon

"Libby and her husband Jason have moved back to his hometown to turn the family B&B into a boutique hotel. They have left London behind and all the memories - good and bad - that went with it.
The injured woman Libby finds lying in the remote country road has lost her memory. She doesn't know why she came to be there, and no one seems to be looking for her. 
When Libby offers to take her in, this one small act of kindness sets in motion a chain of events that will change many people's lives . . ."


I lost my chick-lit reading mojo for the LONGEST time. but it's books like this that remind me why I DO love it - this is a perfect read, chick-lit, but with a bit of a twist. 

Libby and Jason have moved to Jason's parents' hotel after his father has passed away, to help Jason's mum with the hotel and give it a bit of a re-vamp, when Libby gets involved with a girl who has lost her memory. The characters are SO SO LOVELY in this novel - I loved Libby, I think it can be rare nowadays to find people like Libby in real-life - people who are completely lovely, genuine people. Although all of the characters have their faults, they are all likeable and easy to relate to, and I have to admit that certain characters did have me fooled about certain aspects. 

The story is well-written, and I loved all the descriptions of the hotel's transformation, it made it come to life for me. The relationships between the characters were also intriguing - and not always as straight forward as you would think.

A really lovely read, with some really lovely characters - perfect if you like your chick-lit with a bit of a difference.

One Small Act of Kindness is out now and you can get it here:


**Many thanks to the publisher for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment