Monday 20 April 2015

The Day We Disappeared - Lucy Robinson

"Annie has a secret. But if she's not going to tell, we won't either. It's a heart-breaking secret she wishes she didn't have - yet Annie isn't broken, not quite yet. Especially now there's someone out there who seems determined to fix her.
Kate has run away. But she's not going to tell us why - that would defeat the point of running, wouldn't it? It's proving difficult to reinvent herself, however, with one person always on her mind.
Scratch beneath the surface and nobody is really who they seem. Even Annie and Kate, two old friends, aren't entirely sure who they are any more. Perhaps you can work it out, before their pasts catch up with them for good . . .
A gripping and unpredictable story of two young women running from their pasts. We defy you to guess the twist . . ."

Blimey. It's not very often that I get to read a book that blows me away as much as The Day We Disappeared. It was, quite simply, fantastic. As a reviewer I get sent a lot of books, but often if I love a book I will buy a copy too and this is one book I will definitely be buying. I LOVED this book - it is definitely up there with a chance of being my book of the year so far - the plot is great, it grabs the reader straight away and all the characters are really well-written.

But, the thing that makes this book a top-notch 5 star read is the twist - it literally jumped up and slapped me round the face as I was reading by the pool on holiday. I can't say anything about the twist without giving stuff away but, trust me, it's a CORKER. If you only buy one book this year, make it this one.

The Day We Disappeared is out now and you can get it here (and I really think you should):

No comments:

Post a Comment