Wednesday 29 April 2015

His Other Life - Beth Thomas

"The story of a couple with seemingly perfect lives…and the secrets they hide behind closed doors.
Perfect for fans of Liane Moriarty and Jo Jo Moyes.
He was hiding a terrible secret . . .
Grace’s new husband Adam seems like the perfect package. Good looking, great job, completely charming – almost too good to be true . . .
So when Adam suddenly disappears from Grace’s life, she is left bewildered and heartbroken. And with a lot of unanswered questions.
As she tries desperately to find him, Grace opens a Pandora’s Box of secrets and lies – and starts to learn that Adam wasn’t so perfect after all.
What shameful secrets was her husband hiding? Is Grace in danger? And can she survive the truth? However terrible it may be . . ."


I have to confess, I wasn't a massive fan of Grace in the beginning of this novel - she's weak, bordering on pathetic, but as I read further in I came to realise exactly why she was the way she was, and it completed changed my opinion of her. Adam is a bit of an enigma through most of the story - he goes out to get a takeaway curry and doesn't come back - Grace and the reader are left wondering whether her left of his own accord or did something sinister happen to him? Although I found this a little slow start with, (possibly because I was getting so annoyed at Grace), it soon hooked me and I got caught up in Grace's mission to find out the truth about Adam.

I can't say anymore than that without ruining the book and giving away spoilers, but what I will say is that I didn't see the twist coming, even though I thought I did. Ginger is a fantastic character, and Beth Thomas has created some brilliant, original characters in Adam and his crazy mother!

His Other Life is out now and you can get it here: 


**Many thanks to Avon and Netgalley for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment