Thursday 19 February 2015

On Laughton Moor - Lisa Hartley

"Detective Sergeant Catherine Bishop has an enigmatic new boss, Detective Inspector Jonathan Knight. How he will adapt to life in Lincolnshire after years in the Met is anyone's guess. When the body of a well known local thug is discovered, an intriguing message found on his battered corpse raises unwelcome questions. Is DS Bishop herself being accused of the grisly murder, or does the message point to a more sinister secret? As the body count grows higher, Bishop and Knight find themselves in a race against time to discover the identity of a merciless, faceless killer whose motivation is a mystery."


This was a cracking debut - it was a little slow to start, but once it got going I was hooked. Catherine Bishop is a great character and I found her easy to relate to. I would have liked to have learnt a bit more about her boss, Jonathan Knight, as there were hints here and there about *something* that had happened to him earlier in his life, but you never actually really hear the full story. I'm hoping that this is because Lisa has another book lined up in the series and we will learn about it then! 

I didn't have a clue with regards to the twist until the last few pages when it all became clear - this I WAS happy with, as there is nothing worse than guessing the killer before the big twist comes. In all, I really enjoyed it, and am hoping that there is more to come!

On Laughton Moor is out now and you can get it here:


*I was lucky enough to have been given a copy by the author*

No comments:

Post a Comment