Friday 28 August 2015

Stirred With Love - Marcie Steele

"Sometimes the best friends can be found where you least expect them … 

Still grieving after the loss of her beloved husband, Lily Mortimer is determined to do something with the time she has left. 

After the end of her fairytale marriage, thirty-something Kate is trying hard to mend her broken heart. 

Chloe, a young woman with the world at her feet, is struggling to know what to do with her life. 

When Lily embarks on a new venture in the picturesque town of Somerley, the three women come together to open The Coffee Stop, the most charming café for miles around. 

But opening a coffee shop is never as simple as it seems, especially when you add neighbouring competition, local heart throbs and heartbreak to the mix. 

When tragedy strikes, can the three women pull together to make the new business fly, or will Lily’s last chance disappear down the drain along with yesterday’s coffee grinds?"



This is not your average chick lit - which I was very happy about. Although I do love a bit of chick lit, to break up all the kidnappings and murders I usually spend my time on, it was nice to read one with a bit more substance to it. 
The focus of the novel wasn't on whether the girl would get her fella (in fact, I didn't really know what was going to happen with the fellas!) but is more about friendship - how it can be found in the most unlikely of places and how it can fix things that seem irretrievably broken - and I liked that. 
The characters are warm and sweet, and even when things aren't going Kate's way and she's bloody miserable you can't help wishing everything will be OK. A lovely, squidgy cinnamon bun of a book - not too sweet but a perfect pick me up, and one that I really enjoyed.  

Stirred With Love is out on 3rd September and you can get it here:


**My thanks to the publisher for my ARC**



No comments:

Post a Comment