Friday 18 September 2015

Liar Liar - M.J. Arlidge

"In the dead of night, three raging fires light up the city skies. It's more than a tragic coincidence. For DI Helen Grace the flames announce the arrival of an evil she has never encountered before.
Because this is no firestarter seeking sick thrills, but something more chilling: a series of careful, calculating acts of murder.
But why were the victims chosen? What's driving the killer? And who will be next?
A powder keg of fear, suspicion and dread has been laid. Now all it needs is a spark to set it off . . ."

I am a HUGE fan of M.J.Arlidge, so I was very excited to receive an ARC of Liar, Liar, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. The fourth in the Helen Grace series, it would be easy to think that Helen and her team might be getting a little old and tired now, as some characters and their series tend to after a few books, but this is not the case. The storyline is fast and well-written, Arlidge pulls the reader along on a tightrope of tension all the way through - just when you think you have it cracked, something else is thrown into the mix to head the reader off in another direction. 
With strong, believable characters I found myself investing emotionally in them, particularly in Callum and Naomie, and I am always intrigued to see how things are going between Charlie and Steve. This is a series, and I would advise reading them in order as it gives the reader a chance to see how each character has grown and developed into the characters they are now. Helen Grace has intrigued me as a character from the start and she gets more complex with every book. I really do hope we get to see more of her - I, for one, am definitely not tired of her just yet. 
Liar Liar is out now and you can get it here:
*My thanks for the publisher for my ARC*

No comments:

Post a Comment