Tuesday 26 January 2016

Follow Me - Angela Clarke

"LIKE. SHARE. FOLLOW . . . DIE
The ‘Hashtag Murderer’ posts chilling cryptic clues online, pointing to their next target. Taunting the police. Enthralling the press. Capturing the public’s imagination.
But this is no virtual threat.
As the number of his followers rises, so does the body count.
Eight years ago two young girls did something unforgivable. Now ambitious police officer Nasreen and investigative journalist Freddie are thrown together again in a desperate struggle to catch this cunning, fame-crazed killer. But can they stay one step ahead of him? And can they escape their own past?
Time's running out. Everyone is following the #Murderer. But what if he is following you?
ONLINE, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM …"


This book had a really intriguing blurb, and an unusual premise so I was looking forward to getting stuck into it. Opening with a scene involving a (rather messy) dead body it drew me in immediately (you can't beat a messy dead body!) and I loved Freddie as a main character. She's a bit quirky and off the wall and I liked her determination in getting involved in everything that was happening. 

There are some good supporting characters and I liked Nasreen, however the storyline alludes to a 'secret' between Nasreen and Freddie and I was kind of expecting the secret to be a little bit more shocking than what it actually was - It was still good, just not as shocking as I expected after a graphic beginning. 

I really liked the use of social media as a focal point throughout the novel - I'm not sure when it is set, as not many people knew a lot about Twitter, so I'm thinking maybe early 2000's? I think that maybe nowadays people would know how to use Twitter! 

A really good, usual first novel, one that I really enjoyed and will be recommending to others!

Follow Me is out on 31st December and you can get it here:



**Thanks to Avon for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment