Sunday 15 March 2015

Three Amazing Things About You - Jill Mansell

"Hallie has a secret. She's in love. He's perfect for her in every way, but he's seriously out of bounds. And her friends aren't going to help her because what they do know is that Hallie doesn't have long to live. Time is running out...
Flo has a dilemma. She really likes Zander. But his scary sister won't be even faintly amused if she thinks Zander and Flo are becoming friends - let alone anything more.
Tasha has a problem. Her new boyfriend is the adventurous type. And she's afraid one of his adventures will go badly wrong."

Jill Mansell is my go-to author when I've read WAY too much dark stuff and I am in need of something a little lighter, and this was just perfect. It's not as light as her earlier books, but Three Things is gloriously uplifting, despite having quite a serious storyline running through it. The characters are just gorgeous and some are down right hilarious - everybody has met a Lena or a Giles at least once in their life (although I am yet to throw soup over one, watch this space) and some of them broke my heart a little bit. A delicate issue is dealt with very well in Hallie's illness, and I think the characters reactions to what was happening to Hallie was perfect. I laughed and I cried all the way through, what a perfect, perfect pick me up. 

Three Amazing Things About You is out now and you can get it here:


*I received a proof copy from the publisher*

No comments:

Post a Comment