Monday 14 December 2015

A Wedding at Christmas - Chrissie Manby

"What comes to mind when you picture a wedding at Christmas? A gorgeous white dress accessorised with a thick velvet cape... bridesmaids in red velvet too? An arch of Christmas greenery: holly and ivy and boughs of fir. Candles and fairy lights. Snow!
Chelsea Benson has just twelve weeks to organise her perfect winter wedding. Her family and friends pitch in to help, but sisterly squabbling, issues with money and an Ice-Queen mother-in-law soon threaten Chelsea's plans for her big day. And that's without the firework fiasco...
Rescuing Chelsea's dream of a proper family wedding might just take all the magic of Christmas..."



Oh, I love The Bensons SO MUCH *sigh*. I have been hooked on Chrissie Manby's "Proper Family" series from the word go, and this was just as wonderful as the other books in the series. They are a noisy, rowdy, emotional, NORMAL family and I think this is what the appeal is to readers - a reader can relate to each of the characters - we all know a Ronnie, lots of us have a Grandad Bill figure in our lives, and every character, although flawed, is irresistibly down to earth.

This book focuses on a wedding in the family, but being typical Bensons nothing seems to go as planned. It kept me laughing all the way through, with the various escapades that occur throughout, but this time I found the story line a lot more emotional than previous books. Whether it is just the events that take place, or whether I am just ridiculously attached to the entire Benson family, I did find myself bawling in places - there are some heartbreaking scenes, that really touched me.

A wonderful read, perfect to curl up with in front of the fire. Please, Chrissie, don't let this be the last we hear from the Bensons!



A Wedding at Christmas is out now and you can get it here:




**My thanks to the publisher for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment